My hair happens to be loving green tea rinses, these can be done after washing but I once did on dry hair. I brew my teabags in boiling water in a cup and let them cool .
I then section my hair and tie with ribbons to be able to reach my scalp easily. I then pour the tea in a spray bottle and spray onto the scalp as I keep gently massaging the scalp.
Green Tea rinse benefits
- Promotes growth due to the caffeine
- Strenghtens the hair strands by infusing panthenol into the hair shaft. Panthenol acts as a humectant-a substance that retains moisture/attracts moisture and hence keeps our hair hydrated
- after tea rinses my hair feels amazingly soft ,moisturised and very manageable. As I run my wide-toothed comb through my 4C kinky strands , they feel less knotty, frizz free and does not shed much.
- Reduce dandruff by infusing antioxidants into the scalp and hair shaft
- Green tea has been shown to strengthen the hair strands to reduce shedding and reduces split ends
My green tea rinse results: notice the ends, knot and frizz free…I love green tea for my body and hair.
Thank you for reading the hairlovers forum, please like ,comment and share- let us know your thoughts and how your natural hair react to tea rinses!